[BangPypers] how to uninstall a package installed using easy_install

kausikram krishnasayee kausikram at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:22:17 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, kausikram krishnasayee <kausikram at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I installed hg-git using easy_install. Now hg is b0rked. What is the
>> best way of uninstalling hg-git - I do not see any uninstall option in
>> easy_install.
>
>  I usually end up deleting the egg and the  path to the egg from the
easy_install path file. it has worked fine for me until now. i think the
idea would be to remove the package from the python path by hook or crook.
but agree it does not remove unneeded dependencies.

kausik

p.s: sorry could not complete the previous mail. hit enter by mistake.

--
Kausikram Krishnasayee
Company: http://silverstripesoftware.com | Webpage: kausikram.in | Blog: