[BangPypers] BangPypers meeting February 2011

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 04:44:23 CET 2011

Google has BigTable as its nosql implementation. You would think that,
for a mission critical massive scale operation like Google adwords,
Google uses BigTable right? Wrong! They use MySQL.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdWords#Technology

Google see's so much value with what works, that in fact they submit
patches to MySQL, for any large scale problem they faced.

Understanding that your job is "to get the job done", and new fangled
stuff is simply not worth the risk, when postgresql or MySQL can get
the job done, will take you a long way towards database zen.

http://about.me/santosh.rajan