[BangPypers] BangPypers meeting February 2011

॥ स्वक्ष ॥ vid at svaksha.com
Sun Feb 13 07:39:31 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 01:08, Jeffrey Jose <jeffjosejeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Its kinda true that noSQL started as 'death to everything that's SQL'. As
> things got matured people realized noSQL is not a replacement but another
> tool in developers toolbox to solve problems.

I grok the 'use the right tool' as per the requirements at hand.
However, how do you decide what is the right tool when you have two
applications that need to be integrated are both use different
databases, say one is an RDBMS and the second is a NoSQL (for lack of
a better term), how would you choose the right DB as maintaining two
DB's that are so different can be a nightmare in future.
Alternatively, get one app's frontend to talk to the other DB, but
would this be optimal?

vid ॥ http://svaksha.com