[BangPypers] Distributing a python project as a binary.

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Sat Jan 8 17:36:33 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM, kunal <kunal.t2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am just curious , and do not intend to start any flame wars.
> If a company wants to use python in a commercial project and does not want
> the source code to go public (i.e closed source ).
> How would one go about packaging the python project.

I am still unable to understand that You company can still earn by making
NonCommercial License. You can choose any opensource license and put a extra
condition of non-commercial over it.
This is the standard and legal way to make non-commercialization of a code.
If anybody violate it, they will be in jail.
See  http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Source_Code , how they are added
restriction..

One think your "FAT MANAGER" need to understand that when you write one
byte, you use million free byte knowledge... and almost every binary can be
reverse engineered..

> Also as i see it, java too generates byte codes like python which is then
> interpreted by the JVM . Still i see a lot of projects using java and
> distribute
> them as jar files.
>
> Is there something similar in the python world like a jar file ?
>
> --
> regards
> -------
> Kunal Ghosh