[BangPypers] Suggestion for GUI

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Mon Jan 10 19:43:50 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:40 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You already got the reply to your question so feel free to ignore this.
>

> On 01/10/2011 10:05 PM, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Venkatraman S<venkat83 at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> [...snip...]
>>>

>> My experience in this community  -- "You 90% sucks 90%"
>>

> I do not understand what that meant ^^^. Are you trying to say this
> community is hostile ?

I asked 2-3 question and did not find proper answer.. I have given my
reasons..

>  * Yup I made mistake by replying bottom posting but that's ok. If you
>> Google
>> search on my name ....blah blah blah [...snip...]....infact I keep
>>
>> on instructing others So its better not to give lecture on everybody..
>>

> It doesn't matter who you are and what you've done before if you've
> committed a mistake. The gracious thing to do when someone points out your
> mistake is to accept it an apologize. If that is too much effort, just don't
> say anything and move on, being careful not to do commit the mistake again.

I accept my mistake,

>> * May of you were kinds enough that you started explaining me fundas of
>> License Copyright and other things. Who the hell asked about all this.
>>

> You did AFAICT:
>
>  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/bangpypers/2011-January/005610.html
>
> quoting:
>
>> That's exactly I want to understand. Let take a fictitious example
>> [...snip...]
>>
>> I want to understand the benefit/advantage of buying commercial license
>> for
>> PyQT.
>>

> In fact, afaict from your responses of coming up with imaginative
> fairy-tale scenarios where your code spits out valid PyQt which your users
> then may use after downloading GPL'd PyQt (did I get that right ?) I might
> even say you are trolling.

See, I wrote a clear fictitious example -- and I asked for help/discussion
on that but people started talking in-general and teaching license classes.
this irritated me.

I said -  I am writing my a code which is close source and I have not given
any rights to user. {i am against it but I am just making an example}
Now, I am not distributing PyQT to users. All I am given a close source
application which won't run without PyQt. Users are downloading PyQT.
So In this process did I made any copyright infringement... I was expecting
yes or no kind of answer.
I gave a clear example.. I am unable to notice any copyright infringement in
it.

>> I will ask my query on company's email id and will forward to this mailing
>> list but I would to say again... Please always reply what somebody is
>> asking.. Even though you are trying to help by reply but actually you
>> discourage and irritate people..
>>

> I did not see one thing that would be perceived as discouraging or
> irritating to anyone who does not have a egoistical
> 'you-don't-know-who-I-am-and-what-I've-done-and-I-don't-need-you-to-explain-me-stuff-I-already-know'
> attitude. Please take a deep breath and re-read the responses. They were all
> polite (maybe tongue-in-cheek; I don't remember, but polite nonetheless).

It was just a question of what somebody is asked.. Or what is the
discussion.... If somebody type something information which is not needed
then that make irritation.

> A lot of time, a lot of people (me included) just reply to content, without
> even bothering to check the name of the sender.

yes, you reply what somebody is asked and not the hupmty dumpty story...
What is If I reply something other then what you asked..

> So, if they include something that you already know about, it is not out of
> condescension but just because of the programmer trait of being complete as
> well as concise.
>
> hth,
> cheers,
> - steve