[BangPypers] Suggestion for GUI

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Mon Jan 10 20:46:26 CET 2011

Response 2 --- this is my actual responce without any spam.. I just wanted
to show how one can just use inline posting to feed "not-needed"
information.. in discussion... Pleases do not throw stone on me for posting
this header in top posting..
______________

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:

> Hi Narendra,
>
> I hate to step in here, and debated whether to do it
> at all or not, as I certainly do not like to dictate to
> people that they should do this, or that. However, if
> you will permit me certain observations:
>
> I respect what you are trying to do, probably also
> from a perspective that people on *this* group might
> not have. However, that by no means excuses various
> things:
>  * Difficulty in expressing yourself asides, you seem to
>    have an issue in understanding how licences work.
>    That is OK, but a refusal to accept well-meaning
>     follow-ups is a problem: Noufal's being a case in
>     point.
>  * I also have serious issues with "If you Google
>     search on my name probably you will be 25000+
>     hits..." So, what? There are people on this list who
>    probably have ten times as many hits. Or, even if
>    not, an argument constructed by appeal to authority
>    is no argument at all in a tech. world.

I gave this figure to show, I know the rules and regulation and know mailing
list culture. so need not to hit somebody on his first post.  If somebody is
doing it again and again, give him a lecture then,,,

>  * Noufal has already done a great job of explaining
>    the issues. To summarise his points, you have two
>    choices:
>    - You can release your code under the GPL. IMHO,
>       this is exactly what you should be doing. Releasing
>       under the GPL does *not* prohibit you from charging
>       for the code.
>    - If for whatever reason (such as wanting complete
>      control over future work), your customer or you wants
>      not to be encumbered by the GPL, you *have* to buy
>      a commercial licence from PyQT (be warned that I
>      have not read the PyQT licence, but am going by what
>      the discussion on this list indicates.

Thanks to everybody for devoting valuable time, but when I started the
discussion , I asked clearly that why somebody should buy commercial license
and later on I gave a example to bypass this restriction. So I was expecting
discussion on this and not a "lecture on how on license" form various
members. I am not blaming everybody who participated in the thread..