[BangPypers] [JOB] Python developer required in Pune with web development experience

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:18:27 CET 2011

>> > how much? I wonder why in India people never mention salary range.
>>
>> One reason for not stating the actual range and just saying "according
>> to industry standards" is that there is no such thing as a "standard
>> compensation". The actual pay differs with the person, the role & the
>> company. Nevertheless, it's a nice way of saying "we won't
>> short-change you".
>
> or a way of saying: 'there is going to be bargaining here'? I do not
> know much about the software industry, but surely there must be an
> approximate range - or at least a maximum that a company is willing to
> shell out?

I agree. That is indeed, one way of saying "the salary is negotiable".
Having said that, I have never seen companies like Google, Facebook,
etc. mention a pay range in job postings, but I guess people still get
some idea about the salary range through various channels like
glassdoor.com

Regards,
BG

--