[BangPypers] [JOB] Python developer required in Pune with web development experience

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Jan 13 07:28:13 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 11:48 +0530, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:
> > or a way of saying: 'there is going to be bargaining here'? I do not
> > know much about the software industry, but surely there must be an
> > approximate range - or at least a maximum that a company is willing
> > shell out?
>
> I agree. That is indeed, one way of saying "the salary is negotiable".
> Having said that, I have never seen companies like Google, Facebook,
> etc. mention a pay range in job postings,

google, facebook etc are the top range - it goes without saying that the
salaries will be far above industry standards. I am talking about our
local small start ups that no one has ever heard of. I have seen lot of
people who say 'we pay very well', but actually the end offer is often
peanuts. I personally always specify a maximum - that way every one
knows where they stand and people do not need to waste their time
applying for a job where the salary is not up to their expectations.
That said, the best candidates (as far as I am concerned) are those who
say that salary is not the main criterion - what work are you going to
give me?
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves