[BangPypers] Python 1.5.2 Application (compiled on PA-RISC)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:33:02 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 14 2011, Wah Meng Wong wrote:

[...]

>> That would be my first guess (especially since it's the binary
>> crashing). Is it not an option to get the sources and try to recompile
>> it for ia64 HP-UX?
>
> Yes it is an option however I am not familiar with the rebuild process so this
> is my last resort. Looks like I have no choice but to rebuild.

It should be fairly straightforward. You *might* have to skip some
optional modules (e.g. ctypes) for which the necessary supporting
libraries might not be there on your system but that should be okay.

> Can I ping you if I encounter any issue? (I haven't been doing this
> for 10 years)

Sure. I can't guarantee a reply though

>> It's possible but I don't think you'd get much out of a non-debug
>> build of your binary.
>
> Yes however I don't have a copy of the debug build of python.

Well then, you *can* do it but I don't think you'd get anything out of
it.

>> I'd try the latest 2.x (2.7something right now) series. It will have bug
>> fixes which 1.xb doesn't have.
>
> Yes I will go for the python 2.5.2 as I found the source code on HP's
> website.  Will be doing that for HP-UX 11.31, Itanium platform.

Why go for that? Why not use the source from the official site? Does HP
maintain patches for their own platform?

[...]