[BangPypers] Multiplying very large matrices

kunal ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:02:01 CET 2011

Hi all,
I found numpy.memmap
to be very suitable when matrices larger than the physical memory are
required.

1. included in standard numpy installation
2. very low learning curve.

pyTables seems to be more suitable but , i somehow found the learning curve
too steep . Also pyTables needs lot of initializations before anything can
be done with it
as compared to memmap.

The above reason made me use memmap over pyTable.