[BangPypers] Writing extendable django views

Amit Sethi amit.pureenergy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:15:54 CEST 2011

Hi all , This is just a thought

The question is very abstract , how do you write extendable django
views . In particular while working on a certain problem . I realized
that i was changing my views just to add certain context variables to
the standard views provided by an external django app.

I wonder generally people handle this:

The standard view provided by the lib returns something like

return render_to_response(template_name, {
        "form": form,
        "reply": reply,
        "tweets": tweets,
       }, context_instance=RequestContext(request)

what I need is :
return render_to_response(template_name, {
        "form": form,
        "reply": reply,
        "tweets": tweets
        "extra_context":extra_context,
       }, context_instance=RequestContext(request)

Note this is not some extra context I could have added through
middleware or context processor . I just wish to increase the
reusability of the view already written.
Any ideas.

--
A-M-I-T S|S