[BangPypers] [OT] language fanaticism

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Jul 13 02:07:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 04:51:41AM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> take into account deadlines, resources/skills available etc etc. Maybe
> for a particular webapp Django is overkill - but do I have the time to
> learn something more suitable (or the ability)?

I understand your point. One may be expert one area, but should be
open to look and try others too and sure enough gaining expertise is
another thing and I am going there. My mere observation is this is
happening a lot these days. Choosing between frameworks in a language
seems to be lot less a hassle than say choosing the language itself.
This is a general statement and we all know something about
Generalization :)

Question to you (hypothetical) - You have two choices:

a) Choose Pyramid web-framework because the ORM works well the
existing database.

b) Java project with heavy interaction with database.

Which would you likely choose? My bet is a) because it is much easier
for a python programmer with django skills to do that than b).
Of course, you are free to invent your choices like c) quit and do
django elsewhere.

--
Senthil