[BangPypers] CTO/ Principal Technical Architect for enterprise software firm, Pune India

Careers Account careers at mquotient.net
Thu Jul 14 12:49:02 CEST 2011

mquotient is seeking an outstanding technologist in a CTO / Principal
Technical Architect role to help design, build, scale and implement next
generation of enterprise applications.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Helps design, build, scale and manage the implementation of next
generation enterprise applications
• Make strong and effective infrastructure, stack/protocol/standards, and
technology implementation decisions that will allow both the startup and the
customer business to scale appropriately
• Lead and build a technology team

REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 5-10 years of prior development/technology experience. Prior role held
should have been one of Lead Technologist/Sr Engineer/Architect at a
mid-sized/large firm or VP of Engineering/CTO of a startup entity
• Formal team management and leadership experience, having led at least
minimum team of 5-10 developers
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including: able to lead
whiteboard sessions, create technical specifications, debate technical
tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
• Superior project management and implementation experience
• Experience collaborating and negotiating with product managers, customers
and vendors to determine the most optimal technical design
• “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done (read hands on code
development and code review) and hard-charging drive to succeed

IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• Knowledgeable about multiple technologies and their trade-offs,
particularly focusing on web technologies, databases, development frameworks
• Experienced in building enterprise products with client-server
architecture with complex database design
• Proven experience estimating, planning, designing, and implementing n-tier
software architectures and solutions
• Experience building scalable, flexible, robust and secure architecture for
high-traffic applications
• Experience with Linux, Cloud Computing, open source systems development
and some experience with basic systems maintenance and administration
• Experience supporting operational infrastructure/services (especially in a
startup/small organization)
• Although not necessary, some exposure to financials industry segment and
back-office systems of financial institutions is desirable
• B.E./B. Tech in Computer Science, Engineering
• Demonstrable evidence of passion, technical expertise, and accomplishment

DESIRED PERSONAL PROFILE
• Ambitious, intelligent, self-starter
• Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things technology

IDEAL TECHNICAL SKILL SUMMARY:
Languages: Python, PHP, Java, JS, HTML
Frameworks: Django, CakePHP
OS: Linux or Windows
Database: MySQL / Mongo DB/ Redis
Protocols: Strong fundamentals in Web protocols like REST, SOAP, XML- RPC
etc.

BRIEF ABOUT MQUOTIENT:
• mquotient builds innovative commercial enterprise applications for
improving business processes (one such product is an Artificial Intelligence
based OCR tools to convert handwritten forms to digital characters with a
very high accuracy).
• We're fast becoming a commercial success with few large brand customers in
both BFSI and Telecom verticals.
• We're based in Koregaon Park, Pune in the heart of the city, and the
vicinity of all possible amenities, literally!
• We're a great work environment with a bright set of team members, and
operate without hierarchies. Our development team loves to work on multiple
challenges simultaneously. Every day brings a new set of interesting
problems to solve and technologies to explore. In short, we're an ideal
place for those seeking continuous intellectual stimulation.
• We offer a competitive compensation and additionally, a meaningful equity
ownership.

Send us your resume, references and some samples of your best work at
 careers at mquotient dot net  and we shall be in touch with you shortly.