[BangPypers] Python and Employment

Careers Account careers at mquotient.net
Fri Jul 15 15:59:57 CEST 2011

Kunal,
Great question!

It really is a function of who is reviewing your resume at the end of the
day
- If its HR / Recruitment - they will not be able to assess technical skills
to the level a tech lead/ manager can, period
- If it directly reaches a technical team member (ideally in a leadership
capacity), he will be able to sort the wheat from the chaff

However, always be mindful that there is a perceptional component to all of
this - and unfortunately the experience gathered in a corporate /
professional environment often gets prioritized and treated more seriously
(which is not ideal)

To get ahead of the queue, ensure that your resume and cover note is
presented in a manner that easily highlights your relevant experiences (even
if not in corporate employment) in an easily readable/findable format
upfront. Also ensure that it ideally gets in the hands of a technical
manager as and when possible.

Good luck!

Best Regards,
- Kumar
PS: We are actively hiring for various technical roles, right from
Developer/Sr Developer to CTO. Look us up at www.mquotient.net  Email us at
careers at mquotient.net if interested in talking to us