[BangPypers] [pythonpune] need for Python based CRM/ERP system...extensible

Gopalakrishnan Subramani gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:11:30 CEST 2011

With respect to customization Trac to match CRM..

Before you could think of Python or customizing Trac CRM, you should know
what you want..

If you are THE BOSS(not necessary to be a business owner)  who makes the
RIGHT decision by putting client requirement first, I would say that don't
customize Trac. Trac has a lot of plugins and we use it at full power. I
love the way the trac query works. In my experience, customer don't
understand the power of Trac.  Trac plug-ins are nice to learn but not to
adapt for end user who pays for your product. Extension is always painful
where you need to stick to design philosophy of Trac ever. If you ever
choose Trac then creating a CRM is not time consuming if you use Django or
Pyramid.

Regards,

Gopal