[BangPypers] parsing xml

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:14:11 CEST 2011

Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Sigh! Again, guys, i am referring to regexp when all you need is some
> number within a tag!  If the content of that tag was text, i would
> have never suggested this solution.
[...]

And I'm telling you that even a slight change to the tag - an extra
space, a newline, a new attribute, a change in case or any such thing
which doesn't modify it's meaning as far as the XML snippet is concerned
will break your regexp and cause your program to crash.

I'm asking you to consider what you're trading for this assumed increase
in speed.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

The scene is dull. Tell him to put more life into his dying. -- Samuel Goldwyn