[BangPypers] parsing xml

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 21:16:06 CEST 2011

Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> A regex is the simplest IMHO, because you need not know the syntax of the
> minidom parser.

Oh come on. This sounds like doing it the wrong way because you're not
going to spend time reading the docs and then using performance as a
cover for the laziness.

[...]

> Hang around in #django or #python. The most elegant code that you
> *should* write would invariably be pretty fast (am not ref to asm).

I agree with you here. Pythonicity is best defined as what the
experienced python core devs do and the stuff they use the most is
optimised a lot. Pythonic python code is often the fastest python code.

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in