[BangPypers] How to compare the relevancy between news headlines?

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:44:40 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani <
gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> While looking into news.google.co.in site, they find the similar news by
> grouping them..
>
> For example, The following news headlines from different online portal are
> grouped together.
>
> Jayalalithaa meets PM, DMK watches closely
> Jaya to meet PM today in New Delhi
> Jaya-PM meet, 'jittery' DMK watches on Times
>
> How to do this in Python? I think, NLT toolkit is too large for me to learn
> and do.. Any other fun & simpler way to do that?

I dont think you can do it without using some kind of natural language
processing or parsing system. I had tried doing something similar to pickup
relevant keywords from an article, and the home grown script just got
bigger,complex and actually buggier.And  it kept throwing irrelevant stuff.

> Regards,
>
> Gopal

Ramdas S
+91 9342 583 065