[BangPypers] How to compare the relevancy between news headlines?

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Tue Jun 14 13:25:28 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani
<gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for suggestion. Can you give me a specific NLT toolset/approach with
> example if you have experience already?

Try clustering with Python NLTK ( http://www.nltk.org/ ).
NLTK is well documented, and what you are looking for
will probably be available from nltk.cluster. The site has
a free, downloadable book , and extensive documentation.
See, e.g., http://www.opendocs.net/nltk/0.9.5/api/nltk.cluster-module.html

If you are willing to go away from Python, there are various
options, such as:
* Carrot 2: http://search.carrot2.org/stable/search
* Mahout: http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/

Regards,