[BangPypers] remote ip change

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:53:43 CEST 2011

Nitin Kumar <nitin.nitp at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to change the IP of remote server.  I can do it manually using
> control panel. But i need to do that in a script.  So is there any
> simple API in python which can be used for the same?

You should be able to ssh into the machine and use ifconfig to change
it. I don't know how that will crap your existing connection so it might
be a good idea to simply run it as a shell pipeline. Why involve Python
for this at all?

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

No one goes to that restaurant anymore-it's always too crowded. (attributed to Yogi Berra)