[BangPypers] How to read barcoded value from the PDF

Maxin B John maxin_john at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 13:09:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I have a PDF document which consist of barcode characters. Now how
can I retrieve that

>bar-coded value programmatically. When I googled I
found a tool called Pypdf which provides a function called
'PdfFileReader'
>To read the PDF file, but how can I read the barcode form the existing PDF. Any solution?

Another solution might be using zbar: http://zbar.sourceforge.net/

Zbar can be used for reading bar codes from various sources, such as video streams, image files and raw
intensity sensors (from: README)

It's python binding (python-zbar) can be installed directly using the apt-get.

Hope this helps.

Maxin