[BangPypers] svg string to pdf

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:00:29 CEST 2011

So, i spent some more time in investigating some issues with SVG to PDF
conversion
and it looks like that the text and opacity present in SVG cant be converted
to PDF 'directly'.

For eg. the last image on this page :
http://mbostock.github.com/protovis/docs/label.html
Using Reportlab and svglib, i see no opacity and also the text size doesnt
scale. But, i heard
from one more guy(who was using cairo) that he was getting the right opacity
but not the
right text size. I tried contacting the author of svglib for some support,
but looks like he is not maintaining
it anymore. I looked around the code of svglib and it looks like this can be
done, but i need to
investigate on how reportlab works with opacity.

-V