[BangPypers] svg string to pdf

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Thu Jun 30 07:15:06 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 01:40 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:
>> > You must have mistaken me for someone willing to do your homework for
>> > you
>> > for free.
>>
>> please watch your tone - this is not ilugd.
>>

> Sigh!
>
> Well, if i had asked you to do my homework, i wouldnt have  taken the
> hassles of investigating
> so much before posting. And wouldn't ask you pertinent Qs w.r.t what you
> suggest.

My apologies: My tone was too snarky.

We use Imagemagick through the command-line interface, and our
demands are nowhere near high enough that I have had cause to
investigate memory usage. Also, forgot to mention that Imagemagick
does have Python bindings, but they are sadly incomplete. So, going
through the command-line via Popen seemed to be the best bet.

> If you namedrop, then substantiate it suitably - i.e, suggesting a package
> should come with its own reasons,
> and you should also be ready to take questions.
[...]

Sorry, disagree there, and am not sure what exactly you mean
by "namedropping". Also, I pointed out a solution to you, and
definitely do *not* feel that my obligations extend beyond that.
I am not sure where you derive that expectation from.

Regards,
Gora