[BangPypers] Spell Checker Python

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Thu Jun 30 15:26:17 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Puneet Aggarwal <look4puneet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Anyone knows any good package for spell checker/corrector in python ?

The best open-source spellchecker that I know of is aspell. Unfortunately,
only C bindings are available by default, but one can build Python bindings
with SWIG. We have done that already, though not yet put it together as
an open-source package. Please email me off-list if you are interested in
this.

> Something like google's did you mean functionality.

This is not the same thing as spellchecking. It is more like a recommendation
engine. Which one did you want? Can you provide some use cases?

Regards,
Gora