[BangPypers] Proposed python module: simpleoauth
navin.kabra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:44:34 CET 2011
Need your help on this.
After getting very confused and frustrated at the state of OAuth libraries
in python, I decided that there needs to be a simpler way of doing OAuth in
Python. As a proof-of-concept I've implemented the following:
The design goals were:
- Simple interface for the common cases, at the expense of flexibility
- Should work with OAuth v1 or OAuth v2 with the same or similar
- Should be easy to incorporate into Django
At this stage, this code is neither complete nor is it well tested. It is
just a proof-of-concept that works for basic cases (I've tried it with
facebook and twitter).
- Feedback on whether this seems useful. Note: this is not targeted
towards OAuth ninjas, and is not appropriate for complex OAuth
implementations. Just a quick way to access basic OAuth based APIs like
facebook, twitter, yammer, delicious.
- If it seems useful, then help needed in completing it - with finishing
the functionality, packaging, testing etc.
Let me know what you think. Thanks.
More information about the BangPypers