[BangPypers] X-Post: Amazon Web Services User Group, Bangalore

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:44:00 CET 2011

> In my opinion if you are running production stuff in any datacenter you
> need
> to design your systems for failure.

There in lies the crux of the whole thing. If you are hosting on a cloud
service, who should design for failure? The host (Amazon) or you the service
user?

My take away from this is that, if you are operating on medium scale,
(thousands of users, just a ballpark), cloud services are ok. If you scale
into large scale (millions of users), you are better off with dedicated
server(s).

Having said that, for medium or small scale, any decent hosting service
should be good enough (need not be cloud hosting). In which case it begs the
question, do we need cloud hosting services at all?

--
http://about.me/santosh.rajan