[BangPypers] [commercial] python/django training

॥ स्वक्ष ॥ vid at svaksha.com
Mon May 16 06:58:09 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:27, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

[.....]
> If you want to offer training free, do it for a community that deserves. Go
> to engineering colleges or schools, and organize a workshop or two, create a
> few pythonistas there.

I am a little stunned after reading the above. Setting aside the 'free
vs non-free debate', are you implying that people who are not studying
in "engineering colleges or schools are a community that dont deserve
Django training" and/or are incapable of learning it? I am not quite
sure what exactly your point here is, but your last para above
definitely smacks of ageism** -- something very commonly practiced in
India but few will admit it openly. Free software reverses all
cognitive bias'es (with respect to the individual's a(p)ttitude to
learning) and being an employer yourself, I hope you dont really mean
that people outside a University/College environment are not a worthy
community. Has it crossed your mind that the OP (Kenneth) offering the
training hardly would fall in the community category that you
claim/believe deserves support. This thread went OT a long time ago
but I didnt expect to see an ageism bias on a Python list. Its just
not funny.

** Fwiw, its not uncommon to see many Indian Universities and colleges
advertising admission cut-off requirements, say, "age limit 25 years
for Masters", etc... Essentially, that leaves people outside their
teens (or early twenties) who want to learn at the mercy of distance
education which has no value in the eyes of an employer. Its a catch22
situation.

--
vid ॥ http://svaksha.com