[BangPypers] Oursql

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:01:26 CEST 2011

Is there anyone in the group, any experience  to report on Oursql

1]http://packages.python.org/oursql/

We are considering using to mine and extract a lot of information from huge
complex MySQl database with a few hundred tables spanning several
relationships.

Someone recommended it on IRC, saying it's better than Mysql.db On the
hindsight it looks cool. Couldn't find any bad comments on the web site.
Seems not many have played with it.

 Nothing wrong with Mysqldb, but some crazy unicode errors keeps cropping up
once in a while. Oursql seems fine with it.

Looking for a second opinion. I am looking some reasons if any not to use
it., or some more strong recommendation so that we can take the plunge or
stick to Mysqldb.
--
Ramdas S
+91 9342 583 065