[BangPypers] The myth of free software

Sirtaj Singh Kang sirtaj at sirtaj.net
Mon May 16 21:11:14 CEST 2011

On 16-May-11, at 11:51 PM, Santosh Rajan wrote:
[snip]
> As long as people like you don't see the problem, India will always
> remain
> a second class power in the software world. Do you know that the
> entire
> software exports of India today is only 5% of the total software
> exports of
> the world? Thanks to great people like you, we call ourselves a great
> software nation.

I've heard all sorts of arguments against FOSS*, but the idea that it
is a moral/nationalistic imperative to charge for software? This one
is new. Kudos.

I assume you are walking the walk and paying google for that gmail
account, so that nobody gets the idea that you support any business
model that depends on giving away free services.

-Taj.

* Many of them are valid, but this one is not in their august company.