[BangPypers] Import Error

Subhodip Biswas subhodipbiswas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:37:41 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subhodip Biswas <subhodipbiswas at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to install lxml in my windows box with jython 2.5.2. I can
>> see a lxml egg folder in site packages under jython installation
>> directory.
>> However if I try to import lxml the following thing happens :
>
> load_dynamic is something used to load shared libraries[1]
>
> As far as I know, lxml has some components implemented in C and I'm not
> totally sure if it's been ported. A quick search brought this up
> http://old.nabble.com/lxml-replacement-in-Jython-td27164714.html#a27164714

I know of two Libraries that is used by lxml. One is libxml2 and
libxslt. It is required for compiling lxml from source and if lxml is
not ported like say Amara/Akara. It should give me a "compiling
extensions in not supported in jython". Instead I get lxml installed
and then this. Is there a way I can get lxml in jython?

Slightly off topic. My main intention is a unmarshalling library like
xmlbeans in Java.What are the alternatives apart from generateDS or
Amara that works with jython??

Any pointers and documentation will help.