[BangPypers] Parsing and updating XML files with python

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:27:32 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Balachandran Sivakumar
> <benignbala at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To update an element, just assign a value to it, e.g.,
>  myelem.text = "New value"
> You can then save the modified XML to a new file.
> Please see http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/pylxml/web/modifying.html

            Thanks for the info and the link.

> That same tutorial,
> http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/pylxml/web/index.html ,
>  also describes various ways of addressing elements. This is also a useful
> tutorial: http://lxml.de/tutorial.html

         I used the lxml.de tutorial in that link. But was not aware
the it gets updated in place. So, was expecting some method to do that
:( Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/