[BangPypers] Selenium with python training

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Nov 23 00:08:51 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:43:27PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 15:07 +0800, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
> > BTW, selenium is web functional testing, more like how user uses the
> > web app. It provides hooks to variety of languages, python being one.
> > Javascript knowledge would be more desirable for selenium than
> > python.
>
> javascript? not java?

I think, while recording the tests with selenium ide, DOM, XPATH, CSS
and id know-hows were more useful than anything else.  These concepts
are language agnostic, but given that many times we try to test the
javascript events on browser, I thought javascript is more useful.

Java is for mobile /server side these days, right? :)

--
Senthil