[BangPypers] Django admin URL redirect problem in admin page

Asif Jamadar asif.jamadar at rezayat.net
Wed Nov 30 16:00:47 CET 2011

Dear All,

In one of my django app, I extended the django User model and created a new 'UserProfile ' model. But when I'm trying to add new user through this model in admin page, the URL is not redirecting to successful page, instead its stopped on 'admin/auth/user/add/?_popup=1' this URL. (user is created but not redirecting to success page)

Here is the code

class UserProfile(User):

    age = models.CharField(max_length=20, blank=True, null=True)
    education = models.CharField(max_length=50, blank=True,
                                         null=True,
                                         choices=EDUCATION_CHOICES)

class TestPopulation(models.Model):

    user = models.ManyToManyField(UserProfile, blank=True, null=True)
    questionnaire = models.ManyToManyField(Questionnaire, blank=True, null=True)

    def __unicode__(self):
        return "%s" % (self.user)

This creating creating the user object in admin page but not redirecting to successpage, instead its stopped at  'admin/auth/user/add/?_popup=1'

Any suggestions?