[BangPypers] Using Facebook graph api in a page tab application

Amit Sethi amit.pureenergy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:20:00 CEST 2011

Hi all , I have a feeling that the answer to this might be very simple
but some how i am not able to find it even after reading and
re-reading the facebook documentation

This is somewhat of generic problem and may not necessarily have a
python solution.

This is a page tab application running inside iframe . This seems to
be quite a used workflow

As the documentation say "As with a Canvas Page, you will not receive
all the user information accessible to your app in the signed_request
until the user authorizes your app."

Thus as some stackoverflow questions suggest one should use the
javascipt sdk to get the permission. I have got this working . I
simply ask the user if he wishes to authorize getting info and incase
he says yes he sees the normal facebook request for permissions .

However i am stuck after that because as far as I can see there is no
way I can get the refreshed signed_request data . Even if I use js to
reload the page the only it is always a get request with no
oauth_token or any other user information .

Can someone tell me what I have missed in this workflow and how I can
get data/signed_request in relation to the changed permission status.
--
A-M-I-T S|S