[BangPypers] An interesting post on "the next web app language"

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:12:28 CEST 2011

Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn at gmail.com> writes:

> http://seldo.com/weblog/2011/08/11/php_needs_to_die_what_will_replace_it

[...]

Thanks for the article. He does make some interesting points.

I'm reminded though of Ian Bicking's old article on PHP
http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/01/12/what-php-deployment-gets-right/

and while I dislike many parts of PHP, there's no denying that many (if
not most)[1] of the high traffic websites on the net are powered by
it. I don't see it going away anytime soon and when starting on a new
project, I can see some sense in deciding to use it.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.alexa.com/topsites

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

We're overpaying him, but he's worth it. -Samuel Goldwyn