[BangPypers] File operations

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:22:35 CEST 2011

Shashidhar Paragonda <shashidhar85 at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Python hackers,
>
>         I have a text file and the contents are like :
>
>                             #(
>                             #resultToExportToCurveDistDialog ' ->'
>                             #off)
>
>         like same structure many lines exists.
>         My requirement is I want to find line where
> "resultToExportCurveDistDialog" and other pattern exist. After that I need
> to fetch the value of it. in above example value
>         for "resultToExportCurveDistDialog" is  "off" how to move file
> pointer to next line and fetch value as soon as i find my required patterns.
>         Thank you in advance for the help.

Something like this? Untested.

keywords = set(["resultToExportToCurveDistDialog", "resultToExportCurveDistDialog2"...])

with open("file.txt", r) as f:
        for line in f:
            keyword = line.strip("#").split()[0].strip()
            if keyword in keywords:
                value = f.next()
                print "%s : %s"%(keyword, value)

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on. Include me out. -Samuel Goldwyn