[BangPypers] Dynamic choices for django modelformset

Asif Jamadar asif.jamadar at rezayat.net
Thu Oct 27 10:32:40 CEST 2011

How can I add dynamic choices for model formset?

Suppose I have model called TestModel

Class TestModel(models.Model)

                dropdown_field =  models.CharField(max_length=70, blank=True, null=True, choices=' What to write here because my choices are dynamic')

And from this model  I want to generate modelformset of 8 forms. So I will generate 8 dropdownfields, those will have different choices.

I tried overriding the init method of BaseModelFormset and I generated dynamic choices. But when I'm trying to submit these 8 forms I'm getting validation error that "choices are not valid" because my model doesn't know about these choices. So can I define choices for model?