[BangPypers] [Jython][CLASSPATH] Unable to set classpath/execute modules

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Mon Sep 5 16:32:46 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 03:46:57PM +0530, Subhodip Biswas wrote:
> While basic jython is working fine. While trying to execute I get

That is because jython is your PATH  or you executed jython from the
same same directory as binary.

> C:\pip
> 'pip' is not recognized as an internal command or external command...........

Is pip in your PATH? Restart the windows cmd.exe, because PATH
settings take effect only at new cmd.exe session.

> Is there a possiblity of installation getting corrupted? How do i
> check for such an issue.

No, I don't think so. It is just a PATH issue. In the Jython tutorial,
there is a section on installation. Make sure that you have follow it
appropriately.

Note that you have JYTHONHOME ( is there any _ there?) and JYTHONPATH
is set properly along with your system PATH which points to the
correct binary.

> Any kind of help will be appreciated. My learning experience with
> hudson and jython is getting tough :-(

It seems to me a PATH issue. If you still have problems, hang around
#python or #jython in IRC and you may definitely get real time help as
it is just a starting trouble. People may be more than willing to get
you started. :-)

Thanks,
Senthil