[BangPypers] [JOB] - Yahoo!

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:57:39 CEST 2011

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Cut the heat. IMHO it was a problem with the wording of the posting by
> the OP. If he had been more diplomatic and sugar-coated his posting,
> most of you would have remained silent.

Not me. I might have worded my response differently but unless he was
looking for a Python programmer, I would have censured him.

> See this post on the bangalore-rug list. It mentions ruby only once
> and among many other skills.
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/bangalorerug/browse_thread/thread/30d3e3dc6cdd8974/ead6b725a2c8e55e?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=job#ead6b725a2c8e55e
>
> Nobody cribbed.

It *does* atleast mention Ruby. The original email here conveyed the
impression that the recruiter was using this list as a "hiring
resource" and nothing more. Y! is not a Python startup, it's not really
using Python (atleast the job posting didn't indicate it).

I don't think the mail qualifies for the list but that's just my opinion.

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep. -W. C. Fields