[BangPypers] List guidelines (was: [JOB] - Yahoo!)

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Thu Sep 15 07:28:38 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com>wrote:

> > I hear from others (BRUG, BarCamp Bangalore) that first time posters who
> > send recruitment mails are simply rejected. That sounds like a sane
> > policy to me.
>
> No. First time posters are welcome. Spammers are not.

Our policy at Barcamp Bangalore is that any form of *advertising* from a
first-time poster is not accepted. Participation in any ongoing discussion,
or a new discussion that seeks opinion is welcome.

Since Barcamp is a general forum with no specific topic for discussion, this
policy helps filter out a lot of junk from posters who don't otherwise
participate, while keeping the list useful for those who do, including as an
advertising target.

Kiran