[BangPypers] [JOB] Vayana Services seeking curious and committed python programmers

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:37:31 CEST 2011

Vayana Services helps Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), get working
capital loans from banks and helps bank expand their lending reach. We
keep the technology simple to the point of being invisible to end
customers. We work on Python, Scala and Erlang with our SAAS offerings
deployed on AWS and Rackspace. We have been in production for a year,
and have already processed Rs. 50 crores of financing just in the last
quarter, with 3 bank partners and over 50 corporates/ SME's in the
program. This is impressive considering the myriad objections banks
and corporates in India have to the cloud let alone their
exceptionally confidential data being handled by a third party. We
plan to launch in US by Q1 next year.

We have a small but highly committed team of engineers creating,
collapsing, testing, and supporting code. The current team includes
@dnene, @dexterous, @missingfaktor, @vineetmago, @nkhalasi, and
@vaishaliphadkar. We hope to add exceptionally smart, committed coders
who can span the length from problem definition to dev-ops. There is
no minimum experience, candidates being rated on attitude, passion and
skill. We do not recruit managers (preferring self managing teams),
pure thinkers, coders who dislike testing their dogfood or people who
expect to be told in detail what to do.

Location : Pune
Experience : No prerequisites, but capabilities should reflect
relevant experience.
Python Knowledge : Preferred but not mandatory.
High competency in at least one programming language : Absolutely.

Send your Github/Bitbucket URLs twitter handles, linkedin profiles and
/ or CVs to : dhananjay at vayana.in