[BangPypers] Howto run python selenium script on remote server

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:20:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Saju M <sajuptpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a script using selenium and its working in my local system.
> But when i trying to run it in remote machine (Centos), getting error.
> This script should need to open a firefox browser. So i think the the
> script could not open the firefox browser on remote machine(Server).
> Have any way to run it on remote machine(Server)?????.

       Does the remote machine have firefox installed the the default
path ? That's one thing that can go wrong

> selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: "Can't load
> the profile. Profile Dir : /tmp/tmpWmkFsy"

       The error is with the firefox profile folder. You can pass it
as a parameter. I used to use the RC, and it had a
-fireforeProfileTemplate parameter to which you pass on the path to
the profile folder. There must something like that for WebDriver as
well. Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/