[BangPypers] Industrial Control Systems in Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Apr 5 14:32:14 CEST 2012

Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> What are the other standard things you had in mind, apart from JSON. May be
> there is something you had in mind, which others can reuse.

Http was something that occurred to me later. I didn't back then think
about it in detail but sending HTTP requests and responses (even over
USB) might have made a lot of sense. A somewhat restish interface to the
device perhaps?

As it stood, my thing was like a homebrew JSON RPC system. It did its
job though.

The http idea was somewhat vindicated by a decision made by some of the
more senior system engineers to use the protocol to provide a native API
to all their devices. I don't know if that took off but that was the
plan and I thought of it first or at least independently. :)

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Procrastination means never having to say you're sorry.