[BangPypers] Hello Experts and Open Source Enthusiasts

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 02:11:42 CET 2012

You can use an existing opensource ecommerce software to start with.
There are couple of them in PHP, which seems to be popular.
ZenCart[1], Maganto[2] are some of them.

If you want try a python solution, the only option available is satchmo[3].

When I tried them I felt that Zencart and Maganto are a bit difficult
to learn. Satchmo was easy to start with as I'm already comfortable
with Python. Also customizing Satchmo look and feel is not that
difficult, but if you try to customize the way it handles products
etc, it is a bit hard.

[1]:http://www.zen-cart.com/
[2}:http://www.magentocommerce.com/
[3] http://www.satchmoproject.com/

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM, jaya kumar <jayakumargenius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hai to all,
>
> one of my friend opened a new shop in chennai. its related to electronic
> items accessories related to pc,system parts,we are planning to going to
> develop a website.The website need to show system quote and details of the
> todays price of the laptops and system spare parts details with their
> images. we are just a startups.! so we are not able to give this project to
> some one else. Dont mistake us. if we plan to learn to develop a website
> these kind of website
> what are all the aspects we need to learn from scratch onwards.
>
> we dont know the hosting, domain, sql,and any languages,how many days or
> months we can took to develop these kind of website
> and launch ?
>
> Your valuable  suggestions are welcome.
>
> I may not  be a good technical stuff in front of you people. I dont know
> whether am eligible to put this question in this forum or not ? Bad
> comments also welcome.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Jaya
> (Hundred failures may teach lesson to good destination )

Anand
http://anandology.com/