[BangPypers] turbogears to pyramid or django

alind sharma alind_sap at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 09:55:28 CET 2012

Alind Sharma

________________________________
 From: Pratap Chakravarthy <prataprc at gmail.com>
To: Bangalore Python Users Group - India <bangpypers at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, 2 February 2012 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [BangPypers] turbogears to pyramid or django

 As per the following, the turbogears team is itself moving to pyramid.
They are keeping in mind that there will be minimal changes to the code of people using turbogears(with pylons) when they move to pyramid. You can check the following link.

http://compoundthinking.com/blog/index.php/2010/12/28/turbogears-joins-the-pylons-project/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGears#Future_of_TurboGears

PS: I am not a developer of turbogears. I have just started using it and found it nice.
Besides your question seems to be a crosspost from turbogears group.

> On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 01:01:00AM +0530, Saju M wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> I have a project developed in turbogears, i want to move it to Pyramid or
>> Django,  which is the best option ???

The web back-end of pyramid is bfg.repoze. The design of pyramid is
lot cleaner and there is a ton of documentation for that. Another
thing about Pyramid is that, they are not too serious about WSGI
middlewares and their design of authentication and session management
are implemented as Interface call-backs. The core of pyramid is based
out of zope.component and zope.interface which again is fairly mature.

If you want a flexible framework you might want Pyramids. But Django
seems to have more users.

Cheers,