[BangPypers] Python private coach?

quantrum75 quantrum75 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 10:35:18 CET 2012

Hi Bangpypers,
I just joined this group as I am highly enthusiastic about Python. However, the reason for this mail is to see if there are anyone in this group with an aptitude for teaching python on a one-to-one basis? I would like to obtain python coaching online for a fee. This would be the ideal situation for a smart college educated pythonista to get some extra money. I am quite comfortable with the syntax of python. In fact I have written fairly long scripts previously. What I am looking for is a complete perspective with regards to writing software professionally. I am completely self-taught so I am very rough with regards to writing elegant python software. The interested person would act as a "coach" to help me to progress to writing professional, COMPLETE software. I expect this to be one hour every week online. I pick up stuff fairly easily, so the main role of the person would be act as a guide more than anything else. I know I could join a open source
 project etc, but what I am looking for is rigor in the learning process. I also expect the person to be professional about the teaching part.
Thank you very much for your time and I shall look forward to receiving your replies (please reply to my email and not the group)

Regards
Rama

PS - Anyone who is interested, I would like to go in depth your previous background with python before I commit if it is ok. I am quite easy to get along with, so once we are ok with each other, you should find the teaching process quite interesting.