[BangPypers] Using subprocess - Extra '0' on the console

Nikunj.Badjatya at emc.com Nikunj.Badjatya at emc.com
Tue Feb 21 10:02:44 CET 2012

Hi,

I am using subprocess module to run a powershell script with necessary arguments.
I also want to wait for this process to be over. The following statements works fine functionality wise.
Program.py:-
{{{
Ret = Popen([powershellpath, argslist])
Status = Ret.communicate()
}}}

Previously I was using threading.Thread() and subprocess.call() togethar to carry out this task.
But after using only Popen, I am noticing a extra '0' coming on the console in the new line.
Console:-
{{{
This is intended msg1

0
This is intended msg2
}}}

As you see, 1 new line and 1 extra '0' is coming on the console.
I checked thoroughly and I think its coming only after I used Popen().
Any ideas how to avoid this .?

Thanks,
Nikunj

7  Switch off as you go  | qRecycle always  | P  Save Paper - Save Trees | Go Green