[BangPypers] something similar to file command for python

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:10:48 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Amit Sethi <amit.pureenergy at gmail.com> wrote:

> However I am still curious as to how other mail servers and clients
> deducing the name of the original file.

        There is a standard SMTP header named Content-Disposition,
that has a filename attribute. That contains the original name of the
attached file. It looks something like this:

This is set by the mail client when you attach the file and send it.
The mail servers normally do not have to deduce this. Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/