[BangPypers] Parse multi line with re module.

Pratap Chakravarthy prataprc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:06:05 CET 2012

> *Really?* I believe that the ball is currently in your court.
> It was *your* regex that was broken, and badly, if I may
> add.

By saying broken, do you mean that this regex
   r'Searching for OPUSH on([^\.\n\r]+)|Channel:([^\r\n]*)'
follows the pathological case of exponential complexity ? From what
I have learned such complexities occur due to nested repetitions, and the
one mentioned above does not seem to have that complexity. Does it ?