[BangPypers] python framework for android

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Jan 10 04:42:56 CET 2012

kracekumar ramaraju <kracethekingmaker at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
>> If it has Java, why not use write the apps in Python using Jython?
>> >

> Frankly speaking Jython isn't that extensively used as JRuby.

[...]

Probably because CPython has *much* 3rd party libraries (and batteries)
than does MRI/YARV (the standard Ruby). If you want decent libs, you
have to use the Java ones via. Jruby.

Also, CPython atleast was faster than the MRI at their times of
release. You didn't have to move to the JVM to get decent performance.

Also, till about 1.5 years ago, Jython was lagging behind standard
Python too much to be really usable. I don't think Jruby was very far
away from the standard Ruby (although that might be because of the of
the other two reasons above).

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in